JVC LT-26X506/S MEMORY IC REPLACEMENT
• This model uses the memory IC.
• This memory IC stores data for proper operation of the video and drive circuits.
• When replacing, be sure to use an IC containing this (initial value) data.
MEMORY IC REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
1. Power off
Switch off the power and disconnect the power plug from the AC outlet.
2. Replace the memory IC
Be sure to use the memory IC written with the initial setting values.
3. Power on
Connect the power plug to the AC outlet and switch on the power.
4. Receiving channel setting
Refer to the OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS and set the receive channels (Channels Preset) as described.
5. User setting
Check the user setting items according to the given in page later. Where these do not agree, refer to the OPERATING
INSTRUCTIONS and set the items as described.
6. SERVICE MODE setting
Verify what to set in the SERVICE MODE, and set whatever is necessary .
JVC LT-26X506/S TV Service Menu
Photo credit : tmoml.com
JVC LT-26X506/S ADJUSTMENT PREPARATION
(1) There are 2 ways of adjusting this TV : One is with the REMOTE CONTROL UNIT and the other is the conventional method using adjustment parts and components.
(2) The adjustment using the REMOTE CONTROL UNIT is made on the basis of the initial setting values. The setting values which adjust the screen to the optimum condition can be different from the initial setting
(3) Make sure that connection is correctly made AC to AC power source.
(4) Turn on the power of the TV and measuring instruments for warming up for at least 30 minutes before starting adjustments.
(5) If the receive or input signal is not specified, use the most appropriate signal for adjustment.
(6) Never touch the parts (such as variable resistors, transformers and condensers) not shown in the adjustment items of this service adjustment.
JVC LT-26X506/S PRESET SETTING BEFORE ADJUSTMENTS
Unless otherwise specified in the adjustment items, preset the following functions with the REMOTE CONTROL UNIT.
MEASURING INSTRUMENT AND FIXTURES
• Signal generator (Pattern generator)[NTSC]
• Remote control unit
• WHITE BALANCE (HIGH LIGHT) adjustment
BASIC OPERATION OF SERVICE MODE
HOW TO ENTER THE JVC LT-26X506/S SERVICE MODE
(1) Set to 0 minutes using the [SLEEP TIMER] key.
(2) Press the [VIDEO STATUS] key and [DISPLAY] key
simultaneosly, then enter the SERVICE MODE.
• As self check feature is not used in this TV, “2. SELF CHECK” cannot be selected (screen display only).
• Before entering the SERVICE MODE, confirm that the setting of TV/CATV switch of the REMOTE CONTROL UNIT is at the "TV" side and the setting of VCR/DVD switch is at the "VCR" side. If the switches have not been properly set, you cannot enter the SERVICE MODE.
• When a number key other than the  keys is pressed in the SERVICE MENU SCREEN, the other relevant screen may be displayed.
This is not used in the adjustment procedure. Press the [MENU] key to return to the SERVICE MENU SCREEN.
HOW TO EXIT THE JVC LT-26X506/S SERVICE MODE
Press the [BACK] key to exit the Service mode.