This service code can also be used in JVC LT-32A60SJ, and JVC LT-32A60SU
JVC LT-32A60BU SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
(1) The design of this product contains special hardware, many circuits and components specially for safety
purposes. For continued protection, no changes should be made to the original design unless authorized in writing by the manufacturer. Replacement parts must be identical to those used in the original circuits. Service should be performed by qualified personnel only.
(2) Alterations of the design or circuitry of the products should not be made. Any design alterations or additions will void the manufacturer's warranty and will further relieve the manufacturer of responsibility for personal injury or property damage resulting therefrom.
(3) Many electrical and mechanical parts in the products have special safety-related characteristics. These
characteristics are often not evident from visual inspection nor can the protection afforded by them necessarily be obtained by using replacement components rated for higher voltage, wattage, etc. Replacement parts which have these special safety characteristics are identified in the parts list of Service manual. Electrical components having such features are identified by shading on the schematics and by ( ) on the parts list in Service manual. The use of a substitute replacement which does not have the same safety characteristics as the recommended replacement part shown in the parts list of Service manual may cause shock, fire, or other hazards.
(4) Don't short between the LIVE side ground and ISOLATED (NEUTRAL) side ground or EARTH side
ground when repairing.
Some model's power circuit is partly different in the GND.
The difference of the GND is shown by the LIVE : ( ) side GND, the ISOLATED (NEUTRAL) : ( ) side GND and EARTH : ( ) side GND.
Don't short between the LIVE side GND and ISOLATED (NEUTRAL) side GND or EARTH side GND and never
measure the LIVE side GND and ISOLATED (NEUTRAL)
side GND or EARTH side GND at the same time with ameasuring apparatus (oscilloscope etc.). If above note will not be kept, a fuse or any parts will be broken.
(5) When service is required, observe the original lead dress.
Extra precaution should be given to assure correct lead dress in the high voltage circuit area. Where a short circuit has occurred, those components that indicate evidence of overheating should be replaced. Always use the manufacturer's replacement components.
(6) Isolation Check (Safety for Electrical Shock Hazard)
After re-assembling the product, always perform an isolation check on the exposed metal parts of the cabinet (antenna terminals, video/audio input and output terminals, Control knobs, metal cabinet, screw heads, earphone jack, control shafts, etc.) to be sure the product is safe to operate without danger of electrical shock.
a) Dielectric Strength Test The isolation between the AC primary circuit and all metal parts exposed to the user, particularly any exposed metal part having a return path to the chassis should withstand a voltage of 3000V AC (r.m.s.) for a period of one second. (Withstand a voltage of 1100V AC (r.m.s.) to an appliance rated up to 120V, and 3000V AC (r.m.s.) to an appliance rated 200V or more, for a period of one second.)
This method of test requires a test equipment not generally found in the service trade.
b) Leakage Current Check Plug the AC line cord directly into the AC outlet (do not use a line isolation transformer during this check.). Using a "Leakage Current Tester", measure the leakage current
from each exposed metal part of the cabinet, particularly any exposed metal part having a return path to the chassis, to a known good earth ground (water pipe, etc.). Any leakage current must not exceed 0.5mA AC (r.m.s.).
However, in tropical area, this must not exceed 0.2mA AC (r.m.s.).
Alternate Check Method Plug the AC line cord directly into the AC outlet (do not use a line isolation transformer during this check.). Use an AC voltmeter having 1000Ω per volt or more sensitivity in the following manner. Connect a 1500Ω 10W resistor paralleled by a 0.15μF AC-type capacitor between an exposed metal part and a known good earth ground (water pipe, etc.). Measure the AC voltage across the resistor with the AC voltmeter. Move the resistor connection to each exposed metal part, particularly any exposed metal part having a return path to the chassis, and measure the AC voltage across the resistor. Now, reverse the plug in the AC outlet and repeat each measurement. Any voltage measured must
not exceed 0.75V AC (r.m.s.). This corresponds to 0.5mA AC (r.m.s.).
However, in tropical area, this must not exceed 0.3V AC (r.m.s.). This corresponds to 0.2mA AC (r.m.s.).
JVC LT-32A60BU TV Service Menu
Photo credit : netkims.com
ADJUSTMENT PREPARATION of JVC LT-32A60BU
(1) The adjustment using the REMOTE CONTROL UNIT is made on the basis of the initial setting values. The setting values which adjust the screen to the optimum condition can be different from the initial setting
(2) Make sure that connection is correctly made AC to AC power source.
(3) Turn on the power of the TV and measuring instruments for warming up for at least 30 minutes before starting adjustments.
(4) If the receive or input signal is not specified, use the most appropriate signal for adjustment.
(5) Never touch the parts (such as variable resistors, transformers and condensers) not shown in the adjustment items of this service adjustment.
PRESET SETTING BEFORE ADJUSTMENTS JVC LT-32A60BU TV Service Menu
Unless otherwise specified in the adjustment items, preset the following functions with the REMOTE CONTROL UNIT.
JVC LT-32A60BU Setting item
JVC LT-32A60BU Settings position
JVC LT-32A60BU MEASURING INSTRUMENT AND FIXTURES
• Signal generator (Pattern generator)[PAL]
• Remote control unit
JVC LT-32A60BU ADJUSTMENT ITEMS
JVC LT-32A60BU WHITE BALANCE (HIGH LIGHT) adjustment
BASIC OPERATION OF JVC LT-32A60BU TV Service Menu
HOW TO ENTER THE JVC LT-32A60BU SERVICE MODE
(1) Press [INFORMATION] key and [MUTING] key on the remote control unit simultaneously to enter the SERVICE MODE SCREEN.
(2) In the SERVICE MENU, press the  key to display ADJUSTMENT MODE SCREEN.
• As self check feature is not used in this TV,
“2.SELF_CHECK” cannot be selected (screen display only).
• Before entering the SERVICE MODE, confirm that the setting of VCR/TV/DVD switch is at the "TV" side. If the switches have not been properly set, you cannot enter the
JVC LT-32A60BU SERVICE MODE.
• When a number key other than the  key is pressed in the SERVICE MODE SCREEN, the other relevant screen may be displayed.
This is not used in the adjustment procedure. Press the [MENU] key to return to the SERVICE MODE SCREEN.
How to exit the JVC LT-32A60BU TV Service Menu
Press the [MENU] key to exit the Service mode.