JVC LCD Flat LT-40X776 TV Service odeThis code can use for :
JVC LCD LT-40FH96/S1.1 JVC Flat LT-40X776 ADJUSTMENT PREPARATION
(1) There are 2 ways of adjusting this TV : One is with the REMOTE CONTROL UNIT and the other is the conventional method using adjustment parts and components.
(2) The adjustment using the REMOTE CONTROL UNIT is made on the basis of the initial setting values. The setting values which adjust the screen to the optimum condition can be different from the initial setting values.
(3) Make sure that connection is correctly made AC to AC power source.
(4) Turn on the power of the TV and measuring instruments for warning up for at least 30 minutes before starting adjustments.
(5) If the receive or input signal is not specified, use the most appropriate signal for adjustment.
(6) Never touch the parts (such as variable resistors, transformers and condensers) not shown in the adjustment items of this service adjustment.
1.2 JVC Flat LT-40X776 PRESET SETTING BEFORE ADJUSTMENTS
Unless otherwise specified in the adjustment items, preset the following functions with the REMOTE CONTROL UNIT.
1.3 JVC Flat LT-40X776 MEASURING INSTRUMENT AND FIXTURES
• Signal generator (Pattern generator)
[NTSC / 525i / 525p / 750p / 1125i]
• TV audio multiplex signal generator
• Remote control unit
1.4 JVC Flat LT-40X776 ADJUSTMENT ITEMS
# VIDEO CIRCUIT
• 525i A-D OFFSET adjustment
• 1125i BRIGHTNESS adjustment
• 1125i A-D OFFSET adjustment
• SUB SCREEN A-D OFFSET adjustment
• WHITE BALANCE (HIGHLIGHT) adjustment
# 3 MTS CIRCUIT
• MTS INPUT LEVEL adjustment
• MTS SEPARATION adjustment
1.5 JVC Flat LT-40X776 BASIC OPERATION OF SERVICE MODE
4.5.1 HOW TO ENTER THE SERVICE MODE
(1) Set to 0 minutes using the [SLEEP TIMER] key.
(2) Press the [VIDEO STATUS] key and [DISPLAY] key simultaneously
• Before entering the SERVICE MODE, confirm that the setting of TV/CATV switch of the REMOTE CONTROL UNIT is at the "TV" side and the setting of VCR/DVD switch is at the "VCR" side. If the switches have not been properly set, you cannot enter the SERVICE MODE.
• When a number key other than the  keys is pressed in the SERVICE MENU SCREEN, the other relevant screen may be displayed.
This is not used in the adjustment procedure. Press the [MENU] key to return to the SERVICE MENU SCREEN.
4.5.2 HOW TO EXIT THE SERVICE MODE
Press the [ BACK ] key to exit the Service mode.
4.5.3 JVC Flat LT-40X776 SERVICE MODE SELECT KEY LOCATION
© 2005 Victor Company