Hitachi 32HDT50/55 Chassis PT3-E, Hitachi 42HDT50/55 Chassis PT3-G, Hitachi AVC50 Chassis AVC3-U TV Service menu mode.
TV MODE ON-SCREEN DISPLAY
1. Press MENU on the remote control to display the different features on your HITACHI Plasma TV.
2. Use the THUMB STICK to navigate to a different menu item.
3. Press EXIT on the remote control to quickly exit from a menu.
4. Press AV NET on the remote control to access the AV Network menu to control
RGB MODE ON-SCREEN DISPLAY
1. Press TV/RGB button on the remote control to switch between TV and RGB modes.
2. Press MENU on the remote control to display the different features in RGB MODE.
3. Press the THUMB STICK , , , buttons to highlight a different feature.
4. Press EXIT on the remote control to quickly exit from a menu.
Photo credit : www.artvoy.com
1 ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE START-UP
The 32HDT50M/55M and 42HDT50M/55M PDP TV sets undergo thorough adjustment procedures during their assembly process. These adjustments must be done to assure the best performance of the PDP set for the consumer.
Also, after servicing, these same adjustments must be done. The adjustments are all made through the I2C bus by changing data in the Adjustment mode menu.
Table 2 on pages 38-46 shows the complete parameter list with a brief description, signal format, the adjustment range and the initial data.
1.1 HOW TO GET TO ADJUSTMENT MODE
Chassis adjustment can be done by using the AVC50 front control panel buttons with PDP set turned off.
Press “POWER” and “INPUT” keys at the same time, and hold for more than 3 seconds. Release the
“POWER” button first and then immediately the “INPUT” button. The PDP set turns on in adjustment
mode with OSD as follows.
To escape from Adjustment Mode press “INPUT” key to exit service adjustment mode.
Table 2 can be found on pages 38-46.
1.2 CHANGING DATA AND SELECTING ADJUSTMENT
When the PDP set is in adjustment mode, the cursor volume button channel button and MENU keys of the remote control or front panel may be used as the adjustment keys.
A. Use any Hitachi remote control when making an adjustment channel keys are used for selecting adjustment code.
Volume keys are used for changing data values.
MENU key is used to advance through the adjustment mode menus and pages.
B. To make a selection, use the CURSOR keys on the AVC front control panel or the Remote Control.
C. After finishing the necessary adjustment press the R/C EXIT key or EXIT key on the front panel.
Adjustment mode is released and PDP set returns to normal condition.
2 MEMORY INITIALIZE
2.1 MEMORY INITIALIZE OPERATION
NOTE: The execution of this function returns the adjustment codes to the preset values, therefore,
adjustment data will be lost.
There are two procedures for memory initialize, this is the first.
(1) Enter Adjustment mode by the method described in sub-items 1.1 and 1.2 from item 1 (“Adjustment procedure start up”).
(2) Get to the second page of Adjust Mode by pressing remote control “Menu” key once, or with either the R/C or front panel , cursor keys several times.
(3) Select MEMORY INIT adjust code.
(4) Activate MEMORY INIT by pressing cursor key for more than 3 seconds.
(5) Check that the receiving channel goes to CH03. Unit is set to preset values.
3.1 RGB AMPLITUDE ADJUSTMENT
(1) Select Video - Picture Mode - Day - Reset. Set Reset of Video menu when PC input is selected.
(2) Input 525p(480p) of RGB amplitude adj. signal into INPUT1(Component) input.
(3) Input VGA(60Hz) RGB amplitude adj. signal into RGB input.
Note: Perform pre heat-run for more than 30 min. before adjusting.
(1) Receive 525p(480p) signal (Aspect 16:9 Standard).
(2) Select RGB(480p) of Service Adj. menu. Press right cursor key ( ) over 2 seconds and have it
perform automatic adjustment. When its completed, Auto Adjusting on the screen will disappear.
(3) Receive PC signal (VGA(60Hz)), (Aspect Full).
(4) Similarly as (2), select RGB(PC) of Service Adj.
Menu, by pressing SEL button. Press for 2 sec. to do automatic adjustment.
3.2 SUB-CONTRAST ADJUSTMENT
(1) Receive Sub-contrast adjustment signal .
(1) Select SUB CONTRAST of Service Adj. Menu.
Press volume up for over 2 seconds and have it perform automatic adjustment. When its completed, Auto Adjusting on the screen will be disappeared.