LG 32LC2D LCD TV Service modeLG LCD CHASSIS : LA51D FACTORY NAME :
You can use the code for LG LCD 37LC2D
1. Application Object
These instructions are applied to all of the LCD TV, AF-05FD.
(1) Because this is not a hot chassis, it is not necessary to use an isolation transformer. However, the use of isolation transformer will help protect test equipment.
(2) Adjustments must be done in the correct order.
(3) The adjustments must be performed in the conditions of 25±5°C of temperature and 65±10% of relative humidity if there is no specific designation.
(4) The input voltage of the receiver be must kept 110V, 60Hz during adjustment.
(5) The receiver must be operational for about 15 minutes prior to the adjustments.
1) After receiving 100% white pattern, the receiver must be operated 15 minutes prior to adjustment. (or 8. White Pattern condition in EZ - Adjust)
2) Enter into White Pattern
- Pressing POWER ON Key on Service Remote Control (S R/C)
- Enter the Ez - Adjust by pressing ADJ Key on Service Remote Control (S R/C).
- Select the 8. White Pattern using CH +/- Key and press the Enter(Y) Key.
Display the 100% Full White Pattern.
[The set will display white screen without a signal generator in this mode.]
Photo credit : bayroots.com
3. EPLD Download
(1) Test Equipment : PC, Jig for download
(2) Connect the power of VSC B/D.
(3) Execute download program(iMPACK) of PC.
(4) After executing the hot key on the Programmer, click icon
(5) End after confirming
4. EDID (The Extended Display Identification Data) /DDC (Display Data Channel) download This is the function that enables “Plug and Play".
4-1. HDMI EDID Data Input
(1) Required Test Equipment
1) Jig for adjusting PC, DDC. (PC serial to D-sub. Connection equipment)
2) S/W for writing DDC(EDID data write & read)
3) D-Sub cable
4) Jig for HDMI Cable connection
(2) Preparation for Adjustments & Setting of Device
1) Set devices as below and turn on the PC and JIG.
2) Open S/W for writing DDC (EDID data write & read).
(operated in DOS mode)
5. MST9883-Set Adjustment
MST9883-Set adjustment to set the black level and the Gain of optimum with an automatic movement from the analog => digital converter.
5-2. Test Equipment
Service R/C, MSPG925FA Pattern Generator(720P The Horizontal 100% Color Bar Pattern output will be possible and the output level will accurately have to be adjusted to 0.7±0.1Vp-p)
(1) Select Component1 or Component2 as the input with 100% Horizontal Color Bar Pattern(HozTV31Bar) in 720p Mode and select ‘Normal’ on screen.
(2) After receiving signal for at least 1 second, press the ADJ Key on the Service R/C to enter the ‘Ez - Adjust’ and select the ‘2. MST9883-Set’.
Pressing the Enter Key to adjust with automatic movement.
(3) When the adjustment is over, 'MST9883 Component Success’ is displayed. If the adjustment has errors, 'MST9883 Configuration Error’ is displayed.
(4) After the Component MST9883 adjustment is over, convert the RGB-DTV Mode and display Pattern.
When the adjustment is over, 'MST9883 RGB_DTV Success’ is displayed. If the adjustment has errors, 'MST9883 Configuration Error’ is displayed.
(5) Readjust after confirming the case Pattern or adjustment condition where the adjustment had errors.
(6) After adjustment is complete, exit the adjustment mode by pressing the ADJ KEY.
6. Adjustment of White Balance
6-1. Required Equipment
(1) Color analyzer (CA-110, CA-210 or similar product)
(2) Automatic adjustor (with automatic adjustment hour necessity and the RS-232C communication being possible)
(3) Pattern Generator(MSPG-925FA): DVI Output
6-2. Adjustment of White Balance
O Operate the Zero-calibration of the CA-210, then attach sensor to module surface when you adjust.
O Manual adjustment is also possible by the following sequence.
(1) Enter ‘Ez - Adjust’ by pressing ADJ KEY on the Service Remote Control.
(2) Select "8. WHITE PATTERN" using CH +/- Key and HEAT RUN at least 30 minutes by pressing the ENTER Key.
(3) Receive the Window pattern signal from Digital Pattern
Generator. (AV Input: connect the ‘HDMI’)
(4) After attaching sensor to center of screen, select ‘5. White-Balance’ of ‘Ez - Adjust’ by pressing the ADJ KEY on the Service R/C. Then enter adjustment mode by pressing the
Right KEY (G ) .
(5) Adjust the Hight Light using R Gain/G Gain(Cool).
Adjust the Hight Light using G Gain/B Gain(Medium).
Adjust the Hight Light using G Gain/B Gain(Warm).
(6) Adjust using Volume +/- KEY.
After adjustment is complete, exit the adjustment mode by pressing the ADJ KEY.
High Level: 216gray [Cool] X; 0.274±0.002 Y; 0.275±0.002 Color temperature: 12000°K±1000°K
[Medium] X; 0.287±0.002 Y; 0.289±0.002 Color temperature: 9300°K±1000°K [Warm]
X; 0.315±0.002 Y; 0.316±0.002 Color temperature: 6500°K±1000°K
7-1. Required Equipment
MSPG925FA Pattern Generator-connector with Video Input 7-2. MSG925FA Adjustment
(1) After select the model, input the #201(NTSC-M).
(2) Receive the 100% Color Bar Pattern.(Pattern #33)
(3) Select the Reverse button and select the signal as below figure.
(1) After receive signal to Ant input, CVBS output of MSPG925FA to Video and confirm the signal receiving.
(2) Enter the ‘EZ-ADJUST’ by pressing the ADJ Key on the Service R/C.
(3) Select ‘3. Video(uPD)-Set’ and enter the adjustment mode by pressing the right key(G ).
(4) When enter the adjustment mode, displayed the TV 2CH Screen automatic at picture and appear as below figure.
(5) When the automatic adjustment is over, 'RF Configuration Success’ is displayed. If the adjustment has errors, 'Video Configuration Error’ is displayed.
(6) After the RF signal automatic adjustment is over, convert the Video Mode as below figure and adjust with automatic movement the Video Mode.
When the automatic adjustment is over, 'Video Configuration Success’ is displayed. If the adjustment has errors, 'Video Configuration Error’ is displayed.