Pioneer PDP-42A3HD, Pioneer PDP-4214HD Service menu
42 Inch Plasma Display
1. At shipment, the unit is adjusted to its best conditions. Normally, it is not necessary to readjust even if an assembly is replaced. If the adjustment is shifted or if it becomes necessary to readjust because of part replacement, etc., perform the adjustment as described below.
2. Any value changed in Service / Factory mode will be stored in memory as soon as it is changed. Before readjustment, take note of the original values for reference in case you need to restore the original settings.
3. Use a stable AC power supply.
Adjustment of White Balance
• MIK7255 or Pattern Generator
• CA-210 Display Color Analyzer
• Remote Control.
2. Pattern adjustment
• ADC Calibration : Mik pattern #240
• Auto-Calibration Mode ; 480p/60Hz
• White Balance adjustment pattern: Mik pattern #446
• Color coordinate adjustment Mode: 720p/60Hz(Component)
3. STEP1: ADC-Calibration
1) At 480p, do Auto-Calibration of ADC-cut off & Gain(1 ) on Mosaic pattern(ex Mik pattern #240)
2) At 720p/60Hz, repeat 1)
3) At 480i, repeat 1).
4. STEP2: Adjustment of White - Balance
1) At Component input 1. 720p/60Hz, adjust white Balance Mid, High, Low at pattern Full white 70%
(Ex; Mik pattern #446)
2) At Composite NTSC, repeat 1)
3) White Balance coordination (enter White Balance in Factory Mode)
How to enter; press TV/AV -> 0 -> 9 -> 1-> 7 (press buttons one at a time to enter factory mode)
-> ASI510 W/B -> Done (it shows R,G,B adjustment toolbar)
(1) Mid : x=0.283 , y=0.298 +/- 0.02 (9300k)
(2) High : x=0.276 , y=0.283 +/- 0.02 (11000k)
(3) Low : x=0.313 , y=0.329 +/- 0.02 (6500k)
Photo credit : plushemisphere.com