The service menu can use to enter Dell 1800FP Monitor service menu mode
All adjustment are thoroughly checked and corrected when the monitor leaves the factory, but sometimes several minor adjustment may be required.
Adjustment should be following procedure and after warming up for a minimum of 10 minutes.
• Alignment appliances and tools.
- IBM compatible PC
- Programmable Signal Generator.
(eg. VG-819 made by Astrodesign Co.)
- E(E)PROM with each mode data saved.
Photo credit to activerain.trulia.com
1. Adjustment Start LG Flatron L1800PM LB886F
1) Display any pattern at any Mode.
2) Run alignment program for LB886F on the IBM compatible PC.
3) Select EEPROM → ALL INIT command and Enter
4) This will make all data to default state
5) Select COMMAND → PRESET START command and Enter
2. Adjustment for Factory Preset Mode LG Flatron L1800PM LB886F
1) Select DIST. ADJ → FOS DEFAULT command and Enter
2) It will copy all factory default data to EEPROM automatically.
3. Adjustment for White Balance LG Flatron L1800PM LB886F
1) Display color 0,0 pattern at Mode 15.
2) Set External Bright to MAX position and Contrast to MAX Position.
3) Select PRESET START → BIAS CAL command and Enter.
4) No attempt to manually adjust, BIAS data is automatically adjusted and saved to the EEPROM.
5) Display color 15,0 pattern at Mode 15.
6) Select DRIVE CAL command and Enter.
7) 5800K and 9300K are automatically adjusted and saved to the EEPROM.
8) Select PRESET EXIT command and Enter.
4. Adjustment for EDID LG Flatron L1800PM LB886F
1) Use this procedure only when there is some probelm on EDID data.
2) Connect the D-sub cable.
3) Select EEPROM → EDID Write command and Enter.
4) Select DDC(A) Write command and Enter.
5) Connect the DVI-I cable.
6) Select DDC(D) Write command and Enter.