Chassis type : LA51D
This service code can be used to :
LG 32LC2D(U), LG 37LC2D, LG 42LC2DCAUTION : Before servicing the chassis or enter the Service mode,
Read the safety precautions in service manual.
Circuit Board Foil Repair
Excessive heat applied to the copper foil of any printed circuit board will weaken the adhesive that bonds the foil to the circuit board causing the foil to separate from or "lift-off" the board. The following guidelines and procedures should be followed whenever this condition is encountered.
At IC Connections To repair a defective copper pattern at IC connections use the following procedure to install a jumper wire on the copper pattern side of the circuit board. (Use this technique only on IC connections).
1. Carefully remove the damaged copper pattern with a sharp knife. (Remove only as much copper as absolutely necessary).
2. carefully scratch away the solder resist and acrylic coating (if used) from the end of the remaining copper pattern.
3. Bend a small "U" in one end of a small gauge jumper wire and carefully crimp it around the IC pin. Solder the IC connection.
4. Route the jumper wire along the path of the out-away copper pattern and let it overlap the previously scraped end of the good copper pattern. Solder the overlapped area and clip off any excess jumper wire.
At Other Connections Use the following technique to repair the defective copper pattern at connections other than IC Pins. This technique involves the installation of a jumper wire on the component side of the circuit board.
1. Remove the defective copper pattern with a sharp knife.
Remove at least 1/4 inch of copper, to ensure that a hazardous condition will not exist if the jumper wire opens.
2. Trace along the copper pattern from both sides of the pattern break and locate the nearest component that is directly connected to the affected copper pattern.
3. Connect insulated 20-gauge jumper wire from the lead of the nearest component on one side of the pattern break to the lead of the nearest component on the other side.
Carefully crimp and solder the connections.
CAUTION: Be sure the insulated jumper wire is dressed so the it does not touch components or sharp edges.
LG 32LC2DC TV Service Menu
Photo credit : inisdesign.com
NOTE : Specifications and others are subject to change without notice for improvement.
1. Application range
1.1 This spec sheet is applied all of the 32 LCD TV with LA51D chassis.
1.2 Not included spec and each product spec in this spec sheet apply correspondingly to the following each country standard and requirement of Buyer
Each part is tested as below without special appointment.
2.1 Temperature : 20±5°C
2.2 Relative Humidity : 65±10%
2.3 Power Voltage : Standard input voltage (110~240V@50/60Hz)
* Standard Voltage of each product is marked by models
2.4 Specification and performance of each parts are followed each drawing and specification by part number in accordance with BOM.
2.5 The receiver must be operated for about 20 minutes prior to the adjustment.
3. Test method
3.1 Performance : LGE TV test method followed
3.2 Demanded other specification
Safety : UL, CSA, IEC specification EMC : FCC, ICES, IEC specification
These instructions are applied to all of the LCD TV, AF-05FD.
(a) Because this is not a hot chassis, it is not necessary to use an isolation transformer. However, the use of isolation transformer will help protect test equipment.
(b) Adjustments must be done in the correct order.
(c) The adjustments must be performed in the conditions of 25±5°C of temperature and 65±10% of relative humidity if there is no specific designation.
(d) The input voltage of the receiver be must kept 110V, 60Hz during adjustment.
(e) The receiver must be operational for about 15 minutes prior to the adjustments.
After receiving 100% white pattern, the receiver must be operated 15 minutes prior to adjustment. (or 8. White Pattern condition in EZ - Adjust)
Enter into White Pattern
- Pressing POWER ON Key on Service Remote Control (S R/C)
- Enter the Ez - Adjust by pressing ADJ Key on Service Remote Control (S R/C).
- Select the 8. White Pattern using CH +/- Key and press the Enter(Y) Key.
Display the 100% Full White Pattern.
[The set will display white screen without a signal generator in this mode.]
If you turn on a still screen more than 20 minutes (Especially Digital pattern, Cross Hatch Pattern), an afterimage may occur in the black level part of the screen.
#. EPLD Download
(1) Test Equipment : PC, Jig for download
(2) Connect the power of VSC B/D.
(3) Execute download program(iMPACK) of PC.
(4) After executing the hot key on the Programmer, click icon
(5) End after confirming
#. EDID(The Extended Display Identification Data)/DDC
(Display Data Channel) download
This is the function that enables “Plug and Play".
# HDMI EDID Data Input
(1) Required Test Equipment
1) Jig for adjusting PC, DDC. (PC serial to D-sub. Connection equipment)
2) S/W for writing DDC(EDID data write & read)
3) D-Sub cable
4) Jig for HDMI Cable connection
(2) Preparation for Adjustments & Setting of Device
1) Set devices as below and turn on the PC and JIG.
2) Open S/W for writing DDC (EDID data write & read).
(operated in DOS mode)
EDID DATA for LA51D
EDID for HDMI 1 (DDC (Display Data Channel) Data)
EDID table =
MST9883-Set adjustment to set the black level and the Gain of optimum with an automatic movement from the analog => digital converter.
# Test Equipment
Service R/C, MSPG925FA Pattern Generator(720P The Horizontal 100% Color Bar Pattern output will be possible and the output level will accurately have to be adjusted to 0.7±0.1Vp-p)
(1) Select Component1 or Component2 as the input with 100% Horizontal Color Bar Pattern(HozTV31Bar) in 720p Mode and select ‘Normal’ on screen.
(2) After receiving signal for at least 1 second, press the ADJ Key on the Service R/C to enter the ‘Ez - Adjust’ and select the ‘2. MST9883-Set’. Pressing the Enter Key to adjust with automatic movement.
(3) When the adjustment is over, 'MST9883 Component Success’ is displayed. If the adjustment has errors,
'MST9883 Configuration Error’ is displayed.
(4) After the Component MST9883 adjustment is over, convert the RGB-DTV Mode and display Pattern.
When the adjustment is over, 'MST9883 RGB_DTV Success’ is displayed. If the adjustment has errors,
'MST9883 Configuration Error’ is displayed.
(5) Readjust after confirming the case Pattern or adjustment condition where the adjustment had errors.
(6) After adjustment is complete, exit the adjustment mode bypressing the ADJ KEY.
Adjustment of White Balance
#. Required Equipment
(1) Color analyzer (CA-110, CA-210 or similar product)
(2) Automatic adjustor (with automatic adjustment hour necessity and the RS-232C communication being possible)
(3) Pattern Generator(MSPG-925FA): DVI Output
#. Adjustment of White Balance
@ Operate the Zero-calibration of the CA-210, then attach sensor to module surface when you adjust.
@ Manual adjustment is also possible by the following sequence.
(1) Enter ‘Ez - Adjust’ by pressing ADJ KEY on the Service Remote Control.
(2) Select "8. WHITE PATTERN" using CH +/- Key and HEAT RUN at least 30 minutes by pressing the ENTER Key.
(3) Receive the Window pattern signal from Digital Pattern Generator. (AV Input: connect the ‘HDMI’)
(4) After attaching sensor to center of screen, select ‘5. White-Balance’ of ‘Ez - Adjust’ by pressing the ADJ KEY on the Service Remote control. Then enter adjustment mode by pressing the Right KEY (▶) .
(5) Adjust the Hight Light using R Gain/G Gain(Cool).
Adjust the Hight Light using G Gain/B Gain(Medium).
Adjust the Hight Light using G Gain/B Gain(Warm).
(6) Adjust using Volume +/- KEY.
After adjustment is complete, exit the adjustment mode by pressing the ADJ KEY.
High Level: 216gray