You need a computer to open the factory mode.
Connect the PC to the television using cable data.
1. Application Object
These instructions are applied to all of the PDP TV, AF-05FD.
(1) Because this is not a hot chassis, it is not necessary to use an isolation transformer. However, the use of isolation
transformer will help protect test equipment.
(2) Adjustments must be done in the correct order.
(3) The adjustments must be performed in the conditions of 25±5°C of temperature and 65±10% of relative humidity if
there is no specific designation.
(4) The input voltage of the receiver be must kept 110V, 60Hz during adjustment.
(5) The receiver must be operational for about 15 minutes prior to the adjustments.
1) After receiving 100% white pattern, the receiver must be operated 15 minutes prior to adjustment. (Or 8. White
Pattern condition in EZ - Adjust)
2) Enter into White Pattern - Pressing POWER ON Key on Service Remote Control (S R/C)
- Enter the Ez - Adjust by pressing ADJ Key on Service Remote Control (S R/C).
- Select the 8. White Pattern using CH +/- Key and press the Enter(Y) Key.
Display the 100% Full White Pattern.
[ The set will display white screen without a signal generator in this mode.
Photo credit : spelnionychmarzenswiatmoj.blogspot.com
(1) Test Equipment: PC, Jig for download
(2) Connect the power of VSC B/D.
(3) Execute download program(iMPACK) of PC.
(4) After executing the hot key on the Programmer, click icon
(5) End after confirming
4. POWER PCB Assy Voltage
Adjustment (Va, Vs Voltage Adjustment)
4-1. Test Equipment : D.M.M 1EA
4-2. Connection Diagram for Measuring
(1) Va Adjustment
1) Connect + terminal of D.M.M to Va pin of P805 and connect – terminal to GND pin of P805.
2) Adjust RV601 voltage to match that of the label on the Top/Right of the panel. (Deviation : ±0.5V)
(2) Vs Adjustment
1) Connect + terminal of D.M.M to Vs pin of P805 and connect – terminal to GND pin of P805.
2) Adjust RV401 voltage to match that of the label on the Top/Right of the panel. (Deviation : ±0.5V)
5. EDID(The Extended Display Identification Data)/DDC (Display Data Channel) download
This is the function that enables “Plug and Play".
5-1. HDMI EDID Data Input
(1) Required Test Equipment
1) Jig for adjusting PC, DDC. (PC serial to D-sub. Connection equipment)
2) S/W for writing DDC(EDID data write & read)
3) D-Sub cable
4) Jig for HDMI Cable connection
(2) Preparation for Adjustments & Setting of Device
1) Set devices as below and turn on the PC and JIG.
2) Open S/W for writing DDC (EDID data write & read).
(operated in DOS mode)
(1) Select Component1 or Component2 as the input with 100% Horizontal Color Bar Pattern(HozTV31Bar) in 720p
Mode and select ‘Normal’ on screen.
(2) After receiving signal for at least 1 second, press the ADJ Key on the Service R/C to enter the ‘Ez - Adjust’ and select
the ‘2. AD9883A-Set’.
Pressing the Enter Key to adjust with automatic movement.
(3) When the adjustment is over, 'AD9883A Component Success’ is displayed. If the adjustment has errors, 'AD9883A Configuration Error’ is displayed.
(4) After the Component AD9883A adjustment is over, convert the RGB-DTV Mode and display Pattern.
When the adjustment is over, 'AD9883A RGB_DTV Success’ is displayed. If the adjustment has errors, 'AD9883A Configuration Error’ is displayed.
(5) Readjust after confirming the case Pattern or adjustment condition where the adjustment had errors.
(6) After adjustment is complete, exit the adjustment mode by pressing the ADJ KEY.
(1) Color analyzer (CA-100 or similar product)
(2) Automatic adjustor (with automatic adjustment hour necessity and the RS-232C communication being possible)
(3) Pattern Generator(MSPG-925FA): DVI Output
Adjustment of White Balance
O Operate the Zero-calibration of the CA-100, then attach sensor to PDP module surface when you adjust.
O Manual adjustment is also possible by the following sequence.
(1) Enter ‘Ez - Adjust’ by pressing ADJ KEY on the Service Remote Control.
(2) Select "8. WHITE PATTERN" using CH +/- Key and HEAT RUN at least 30 minutes by pressing the ENTER Key.
(3) Receive the Window pattern signal from Digital Pattern Generator. (AV Input: connect the ‘HDMI’)
(4) After attaching sensor to center of screen, select ‘5. White-Balance’ of ‘Ez - Adjust’ by pressing the ADJ KEY on the Service R/C. Then enter adjustment mode by pressing the
Right KEY (G)