LG CHASSIS Model : LP78A
1. Application Range
This spec sheet is applied all of the 26/32/37/42” LCD TV(LP78A) by manufacturing LG TV Plant all over the world.
1) Because this is not a hot chassis, it is not necessary to use an isolation transformer. However, the use of isolation transformer will help protect test instrument.
2) Adjustment must be done in the correct order.
3) The adjustment must be performed in the circumstance of 25±5°C of temperature and 65±10% of relative humidity if there is no specific designation.
4) The input voltage of the receiver must keep 100~220V, 50/60Hz.
5) Before adjustment, execute Heat-Run for 30 minutes at RF no signal.
3. Adjustment items
3.1. PCB assembly adjustment items
1) Download the VCTP main software (IC500,VCT_Pro)
2) Channel memory (IC501,EEPROM)
3) Color carrier Adjustment
3.2. SET assembly adjustment items
1) DDC Data input.
2) Adjustment of White Balance.
3) Factoring Option Data input.
4. PCB assembly adjustment method
(Using VCTP Download program)
4.1. Download program installation
Photo credit : oxford.com
3.2.2 Component Mode Adjustment
220.127.116.11 Adjustment Preparation
Execution of RF no signal during Heat Run over 30min The component jack(Y,Pb,Pr) of LCD TV is connected to Y, Pb, Pr Output Signal of Pattern Generator (MSPG-925 SERISE)
18.104.22.168 Auto Gain/Offset Adjustment Convert to Component Mode in Input-Mode.
Select MODEL: 228(480p Mode, Y : 100%, Pb/Pr : 75%) in Pattern Generator
Select PATTERN : 33(Color Bar Pattern signal) in Pattern Generator (MSPG-925 SERISE)
Press IN-START Key by using the Remote Controller (SVC), after converting to Adjustment-Mode, press
VOL+ Key consecutively in AutoGain Menu.
After adjustment is complete, pressing enter key, stores and completes the process.
3.2 EDID (The Extended Display Identification Data) Adjustment.
Connect 15 Pin D-Sub Cable to D-Sub Jack, Set up the input mode of the SET to PC
For the DDC connect an automation equipment and data is written on DDC.
LPT Port Driver (LptDrv) Setups : Program Files > Micronas >
Visual I2C > Port_Driver
*Use for Windows 95/98 : Setup_LptDrv_v0104_9x.exe
*Use for Windows 2000/XP : Setup_LptDrv_v0202_XP_2000.exe
*Use for Windows NT : Setup_LptDrv_v0104_NT.exe
(3) Verification (Start > Programs > Micronas > Visual I2C or LptDrv)